Federal Crimes Defense Attorney in Waco, TX
Former Prosecutor. Criminal Law Expert. Proven Trial-Tested Advocacy.
Federal crimes are the most serious of all criminal offenses, as they are handled by the federal government and involve some of the most ruthless and unapologetic prosecutors. Our lead attorney knows very well how the other side of the law works, as he was a former district and county prosecutor. With this invaluable insight, we know what to expect in court and can use that knowledge to strategize a hard-hitting defense on your behalf.
Your best interests are at the forefront of everything we do.
With over 500 jury trials handled, our Board Certified specialist in Criminal Trial Law has what it takes to win. When you choose The Greening Law Group to represent you, you can rest assured that your Waco federal crimes case is in the hands of a proven lawyer with elite qualifications.
We can defend a range of federal charges, such as:
- Drug charges
- White collar crimes
- Sex crimes
- Internet offenses
Now let’s get to work. Contact us online or call (254) 875-0066 to schedule a free initial consultation! Se habla español.
What Constitutes a Federal Crime?
Crimes that violate federal laws and the US Constitution warrant federal charges. They include, but aren’t limited to:
- Arson/explosive violations
- Bank fraud, lending fraud
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Civil rights
- Computer and email intrusion
- Counterfeiting and forgery
- Corporate fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Drug crimes
- Embezzlement or theft from the government and its programs
- Firearm offenses
- Human trafficking
- Identity theft
- Mail fraud
- Money laundering
- Murder/manslaughter on an Indian reservation or federal land
- Sexual abuse and exploitation
Federal Crime Sentencing Guidelines
When determining your legal penalties, a judge will examine the details of your alleged federal crime and impose your federal criminal sentence based on the following guidelines:
- The nature and circumstances of the offense and your history and characteristics
The need for the sentence imposed to:
- Reflect the seriousness of the offense, to promote respect for the law, and to provide just punishment for the offense
- To afford adequate deterrence to criminal conduct
- To protect the public from further crimes committed by you
- To provide you with needed educational or vocational training, medical care, or other correctional treatment in the most effective manner
- The kinds of sentences available
The kinds of sentence and the sentencing range established for:
- The applicable category of offense committed by the applicable category of defendant as outlined in specific guidelines
- Any relevant policy statement that adheres to certain US Sentencing Commission guidelines
- The need to avoid unwarranted sentence disparities among defendants with similar records who have been found guilty of similar conduct
- The need to provide restitution to any victims of the offense
Our legal team is determined to go above and beyond to help you put your case behind you and move forward. As such, we urge you to contact us online or call (254) 875-0066 immediately to learn how our expert Waco federal crimes defense lawyer can tackle your accusations.