Waco Assault Defense Lawyer
Board Certified Expert Fighting Assault Charges in Waco, TX
Crimes involving violence against another person are not treated lightly in Texas. Law enforcement officials strive to deter these offenses by imposing harsh legal punishments on convicted criminals. The goal of these unforgiving repercussions is to ensure people do not commit these acts or repeat such offenses in the future.
Assault crimes are no exception.
For over a decade, our Board Certified specialist in Criminal Trial Law has helped countless clients resolve their assault charges successfully. Through proven trial-tested advocacy and aggressive defense, The Greening Law Group has offered clients the superior legal representation they need and deserve.
Don’t let another day pass before learning how to put your assault charges behind you. Your future is too important to risk waiting around. To get started on your defense, contact (254) 875-0066 to schedule a free initial consultation with our Waco assault crime defense attorney!
What Is Assault?
According to Texas law, a person commits assault if they intentionally or knowingly do the following:
- cause bodily injury to another, including their spouse
- threaten another with imminent bodily injury, including their spouse
- cause physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative
If convicted, you will get a Class A misdemeanor charge punishable by one year in jail and a $4,000 fine. However, if prosecutors can prove the assault was committed against the following people, you may face a third-degree felony charge which is punishable by two to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine:
- a public servant who is lawfully discharging an official duty, or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant
- a person who has a relationship to or association with the defendant
- a person who contracts with the government to perform a service in a facility
- a person whom the defendant knows is a security officer who is performing their duty
- a person whom the defendant knows is emergency services personnel who is providing emergency services
- a pregnant individual who is forced to have an abortion
- a person the defendant knows is pregnant at the time of the offense
Defenses to Assault Accusations in Waco, TX
Our Waco assault defense specialist must examine every detail of your case, including your alleged actions and those of the arresting officer. You’d be surprised to learn how many flaws and violations that arise in criminal investigations, resulting in minimized or dropped charges.
By identifying these crucial details, we can employ effective defense strategies customized to your individual case. They may include:
- Defense of others
- Mistaken identity
- Lack of evidence
- Failure to prove assault was committed beyond a reasonable doubt
- Police misconduct
- No probable cause for arrest
To get started on fighting your assault crime accusations, contact us online or call (254) 875-0066 to arrange a free consultation. We look forward to fighting for your best interests.