Free Consultation
Alcohol Crimes You Deserve the Best Possible Defense

Alcohol Crime Lawyer in Waco, TX

Experienced & Trial-Tested Legal Experience

Whether you have been accused of being drunk in public or passing a drink to a minor, there are various alcohol-related charges that can result in serious criminal penalties. In order to avoid a conviction or serving a harsh sentence, such as jail time, you need to hire a skilled criminal defense lawyer to defend you inside and outside the courtroom.

If you have been accused of an alcohol crime in Waco, let The Greening Law Group protect your rights and freedom throughout the legal process. Our legal team is led by a former prosecutor and Board Certified expert in Criminal Trial Law. With more than 500 jury trials handled, we understand what it takes to help our clients obtain the most favorable results in court.

Contact us today at (254) 875-0066 for a free initial consultation. Get more than 26 years of experience on your side!

Public Intoxication

Public intoxication occurs when a person appears intoxicated to a degree that may endanger himself/herself or other people in a public place. Intoxication means having a blood alcohol content (BAC) of at least .08 percent.

Public intoxication in Texas is a Class C misdemeanor, which carries a maximum fine of $500 and a permanent criminal record. If a person has been convicted of two charges of public intoxication, a repeat offense is considered a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum jail term of 180 days and/or a fine of up to $2,000.

Providing Alcohol to a Minor

In Texas, it is against the law for an adult to buy alcohol for, sell to, or otherwise give alcohol to minors. Providing alcohol to a minor is a Class A misdemeanor, which carries a jail sentence of up to one year and/or a maximum fine of $4,000. Additionally, adults who give alcohol to minors can be held liable for damages caused by the intoxicated minor.

However, adults may avoid being charged with this offense if they can prove that the minor used a fake ID or any other false representation of his/her age. Furthermore, adults may also give alcohol to their children, if they are present when the kids consume alcohol.

Underage Drinking

If a minor purchases, attempts to purchase, drinks, or possesses an alcohol beverage, he/she can be charged with underage drinking. This alcohol offense is a Class C misdemeanor.

If a minor is at least 17 years of age and has been charged with his/her third underage drinking offense, it is considered a Class B misdemeanor, which includes driver’s license suspension.

Schedule a Free Consultation Today

Our legal team can thoroughly examine your case, listen to your concerns, and determine your available legal options to help you avoid conviction or serving serious penalties like jail time.

Call (254) 875-0066 today to speak with our Waco alcohol crime lawyer!